The World Organization Against Torture (OMCT) is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic COMMUNICATION AND CAMPAIGNS OFFICER for its Tunisia and Libya Programs based at the OMCT Tunis Office.
ABOUT THE OMCT
The OMCT works with around 200 member organizations which constitute its SOS-Torture Network, to end torture, fight impunity and protect human rights defenders worldwide.
Together, we make up the largest global group actively standing up to torture in more than 90 countries. Helping local voices be heard, we support our vital partners in the field and provide direct assistance to victims. Our international secretariat is based in Geneva, with offices in Brussels and Tunis.
In Libya, the OMCT project “RESILIENT – Reinforcing Stakeholders to Engage against Torture” aims at tackling torture and institutionalized violence by State and non-State actors through capacity-building and empowerment of local civil society organizations to ensure solid documentation and carry out advocacy and awareness raising.
In Tunisia, the OMCT works in close cooperation with partners from civil society and public administration to ensure access to comprehensive, multidisciplinary, and tailor-made direct assistance for victims of torture and ill-treatment; to carry out advocacy and to foster institution-building and legislative reform.
TASKS & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communication and Campaigns Officer will work under the supervision of the OMCT Libya Program Coordinator and the Director of the OMCT Tunisia Office and in close cooperation with the OMCT Communications team, as well as other members of the OMCT. The successful candidate will work on developing communication and campaigning strategies that fit the local Libyan circumstances and reach the ear of the international community based on constructive dialogue and practical solution-finding, as well as support the advocacy team of OMCT Tunisia in fine-tuning its communication strategy. S/he will also be responsible for digital content creation and management.
Primary responsibilities include
- Design original, effective and compelling digital content and social media campaigns for the OMCT programs in Tunisia and in Libya;
- Implement the digital communications and the social media strategy;
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of the OMCT’s online communications activity, providing regular reports and analysis on web and digital media usage and trends;
- Contribute to the development of publications and manage communication materials;
- Draft and edit communications (in English, French and Arabic);
- Continually seek to improve internal communication processes.
b- Campaigning and support to Libyan CSO partners
- Support and work closely with local partners in order to adapt planned communications to local contexts;
- Participate in the development of an advocacy strategy that fits local circumstances;
- Reinforce the capacity and know-how of the local partners to establish international and national advocacy strategies to tackle issues of torture locally;
- Coordinate joint advocacy work online;
- Support the process to form networks with various stakeholders and players such as INGOs, NGOs and government institutions to mobilize their support for the program initiatives.
- University degree or equivalent, in digital marketing, communications, or international relations
- One to three years minimum experience in campaigning/advocacy, preferably at regional and international level
- Proven digital communications skills, including experience with graphic design tools (eg Photoshop and InDesign in particular), image and video editing, and the creation of engaging content
- Excellent writing/editing skills in Arabic, English and French
- Commitment to human rights and social justice causes
- Excellent oral and written drafting and communication skills in Arabic, English and French an essential requirement;
- Strong social media and communication skills and competencies are required, skills in the use of software applications and secure communication are an important asset;
- Passion to provide good user experience, good content and tactics;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, the rule of law and social justice causes;
- Excellent ability to gather, analyze, and present information in a timely and well-organized manner;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities;
- Ability to take initiatives and priorities with minimum supervision;
- Ability to adapt to multidisciplinary work in the environment of a multicultural team and to engage with partners.
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract
- Contract Duration: One year (renewable)
- Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
- Location: Based in Tunis
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator of OMCT Libya and the Country Director of OMCT Tunisia
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Please send your application to: email@example.com before September 19th, 2021.
Download the call for application